Friday, September 4, 2009

Kersty's comments

Thanks Ian for your work on deftly pulling this together.
Finally grabbed some time in the middle of teaching to read this. Found it a more challenging read that I anticipated...but as Shoko rightly says on page 2, I will 'force myself' to say something here and see what happens!! As one might expect, the blog format threw up all sorts of questions about expectations of a paper as being a (somewhat) singular narrative with a definite (if not happy) ending. The hope of a'concluding/summing up' remarks section was with me throughout, and I finished reading with the question in my mind 'was this paper about blogging or about food'? Of course we know it contains both in different ways, and I am not saying this as any direct criticism of anyone...I just wanted to get the conversation going about other people's reactions upon reading this. I don't mind being challenged as reader to draw my own connections, and of course the word limit disciplinarian is always with us...how did others feel about it, react?
kersty

No comments: