Tuesday, September 8, 2009

changing the introduction

Hi everyone

Thanks for the posts so far. I was going to hold fire here until more authors had added their feedback.

I did have an idea based on Rachel's post, though: we/I could shift most of the opening paras about the way that this was put together to the page about this paper on my online, 'et al' 'Writing collaboration' 'paper': see here. That's set up to change as things happen, so any reader interested in the 'how' of the Afters paper could go there (a simple piece of referencing). 'Writing collaboration' could also be the place to which some of the quotes about the process /experience of writing the paper could be moved, into a second differently collaborative 'publication'.

If we agree to do this, it would be nice for 2 or 3 people to volunteer to write a new 'food geographies' introduction either as named people, or more generally on behalf of the group.

Hope this sounds like a good idea...

Thanks

Ian

PS I sent an email earlier in the year about contributing to the 'Writing collaboration' paper too, and Alison and Mimi are already commentators there... I'm planning on doing a updated page on the Afters experiment when it finally gets the OK from Progress. I'm hoping others may be able to contribute to the bit of this online paper about the paper paper based on the blog about food geographies... but you may have had enough of this by then...

1 comment:

KIngsburys said...

sounds like a good idea to me. count me in if you need help with rewriting the introduction.